Survey results showed impeaching Trump in the final days of his presidency was widely unpopular, according to McLaughlin of McLaughlin & Associates.
Among the findings:
- 60% of battleground voters viewed the Democrats’ second impeachment effort as a waste of time.
- 80% of Trump voters and 76% of Republicans indicated they were less likely to vote for a congressional member who votes in favor of impeaching Trump.
- 48% of all voters said they were less likely to vote for a congressional member who votes in favor of impeaching Trump.
- 65% of all voters said President-elect Joe Biden and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., were “making this worse and keeping the country divided” by continuing to attack Trump.
- Nearly 75% of all voters “agree that efforts by Pelosi and the Democrats to try to impeach the President after Joe Biden is sworn in would be politically motivated to prevent the president from running again, stripping his Secret Service protection, and preventing him from having a Presidential Library,” per the memo.
Continue Reading At: Newsmax.com