Last month, Nancy Pelosi (CA-D) introduced H.R. 5, the so-called Equality Act. This bill’s biological denialism would add “sexual orientation” and “gender identity” (SOGI) as protected classes under the federal Civil Rights Act of 1964.
In so doing, Speaker Pelosi and the Democrat-controlled House of Representatives would establish radical, sexual ideology and practices above religious liberties and First Amendment rights.
This unprecedented law would sanction government discrimination against traditional values and doctrines of conservative religious faiths and the deeply held religious principles of private business employers and their employees.
This week, the Democratic-controlled House of Representatives is scheduled to vote on H.R.5. The intended consequences of this bad law will restrict religious freedoms, chill religious expression and ultimately criminalize sincerely held Judeo-Christian views and values.
Take action now by sending your U.S. representative a message to vote “no” on the Equality Act.
According to the American Family Association, by this so-called “Equality Act,” business owners, employees and customers alike will be subject to a radical social experiment and LGBTQ appeasement:
- Female business owners, customers, and employees would then be forced to share their privacy in restrooms and dressing rooms with men who claim to be women.
- Health care providers and professionals would be forced to perform gender transition procedures (sex changes) and provide medical services (hormone therapy) that would violate their moral and religious convictions.
- Amusement parks, recreation centers, skating rinks, and daycare centers, etc. will be forced to employ people whose values on sexuality deviates from those of the employer.
- Adoption and foster care agencies will be forced to place children into same-sex households and into homes of individuals suffering from gender confusion or biological denialism.
- College and professional sports stadiums would be required to open its restrooms to either sex.
The Democratic Party, in 2012, rejected the mention of God in their party’s platform. Then, when it was reviewed in the convention by a voice vote and re-established by manipulation of the convention chairman, Los Angeles Mayor Anthony Villariagosa, loud “boos” exploded across the arena.
Now, H.R.5 seems to show that Democrats are prepared to continue to “boo God” and discriminate against people of faith by forcing them into subjugation to radical sexual deviancy. The Party’s platform states, “We support a progressive vision of religious freedom that respects pluralism and rejects the misuse of religion to discriminate.”
Again, the American Family Association has documented the “progressive vision” of religious liberty for Democrats when it reminded conservative people of faith what Chai Feldblum, the former commissioner …..
Read the rest at: Biological Denials and Religious Discrimination
Guest Post By: Gary Curtis