Melissa Harris Perry, a professor, television host, and political commentator clarifies the mindset behind Common Core: children do not belong to their parents. They are “valuable data” to be used by and for the state.
Contrary to biology, Natural Law, and the U.S. Constitution, she argues:
“We haven’t had a very collective notion of ‘these are our children.’ So part of it is, we have to break through our kind of private idea that kids belong to their parents or kids belong to their families and recognize that kids belong to whole communities.”
Former Governor Jeb Bush an avid, strong supporter of Common Core, asserted it would “increase fewer, higher, deeper standards” for public school education. These are oft-used code words used to describe government data mining of information about children without parental consent.
Jose Ferreira, CEO of Knewton, which has a large publishing contract with Pearson Education, remarks that education today “happens to be the world’s most data mineable industry– by far.”
Children, he says provide, “five to ten million actionable data per student per day.” Collecting data to be used for what remains uncertain– in fact most parents are unaware of such data mining. But data is derived daily by “tagging every single sentence of their [children’s] content.”
Courtesy of David Whitley and the California-based group, Faithful Christian Servants Against Nationalized Education, the mindset expressed by Common Core adherents astoundingly reveals an overarching political agenda that cares not for education or for a child’s humanity.
In fact, their Common Core objectives read right out of a 1958 book written by former FBI agent Cleon Skousen. In The Naked Communist Skousen identified an objective existing in America at the time, to destroy America from within. He listed 45 goals, which were entered into the Congressional Record on January 10, 1963 as an extension of the remarks of Hon. A. S. Herlong Jr. of Florida. (Editorial emphasis added.)
The goals specifically related to children, and their parents are highlighted below.
Congressional Record–Appendix, pp. A34-A35 January 10, 1963 [From “The Naked Communist,” by Cleon Skousen] CURRENT COMMUNIST GOALS
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers’ associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of “separation of church and state.”
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man.”
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the “big picture.”
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture–education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
Parents have a Constitutional right to both teach their children and protect them from every aspect of Common Core and data mining of their behavior and aptitude, which both the federal and state governments have implemented.
Bethany Blankley is the Senior Editor for Constitution.com. She hosts “America’s Betrayal” on Renegade Talk Radio Network. Her columns have been published by The Washington Times, Newsday, Western Journalism, Townhall, The Christian Post, Charisma News, and others. She was a former communications strategist to four Senators, one Congressman, one New York governor, and several nonprofits. She holds graduate and undergraduate degrees in Theology and Political Science. Follow her: @bethanyblankley
Reprinted with permission via LibertyAlliance
Photo credit Mefeedia video still