Doing away with homework accomplishes multiple goals…
1. Forget about teaching individual responsibility
2. Independence? Who needs that?!
3. No need to learn how to problem solve on your own.
4. If it’s hard, you shouldn’t have to do it.
5. If it takes a lot of time, you shouldn’t have to do it.
6. If it infringes on your “fun time” you shouldn’t have to do it.
7. It ensures that parents completely disengage from the content being taught.
Parents complain that it takes away from family time, but hellllooooo…. you’re supposed to be involved in the homework process which means you WOULD be spending family time. That’s time with your child that reinforces authority, respect, and the bond between parent and child. Rather than reinforcing the underlying theme of many public school curriculum that students need to educate their parents!
Is homework alot of work? Yes. Guess what? It’s supposed to be. And it isn’t just for your kids. Teaching kids a good work ethic so they become productive (not entitled) adults starts with their first job… SCHOOL!
You can read more about it here.