You’ve got to hand it to many of the Democrats; they are farmers at heart. They can spread more manure than any experienced farmer could scoop and they’ve sent Joe Biden out with the machinery.
I refer to the latest email from the Democratic National Committee with an attached
3-minute YouTube video featuring Joe Biden.
Joe Biden, a heartbeat away from being the nation’s president (yikes), never minds showing up as the Jack-in-the-Box clown.
There is no mystery as to why Democrats send him out as-needed as their messenger because he’ll promote anything to be able to be seen and heard. Neither facts, omissions or out and out lies, ever bother Old Joe. Whenever he makes one of his predictable gaffes, the Democrats simply say “it’s just Joe being Joe”.
I’m digressing but I have to set the scene.
The email cites the Democrats new fevered push for their Voter Expansion Project.
They claim VEP is an enhancement of the Voting Rights Acts of 1965 and a highlight of the message is those evil Republicans surging for voter suppression.
Joe’s scenario, thus that of the Democrats as a whole, would be as laughable as Biden himself if the matter were not so serious.
Here is the April 7th email message:
“One of the most important things we do as Democrats is protect the right to vote. We’re the political party working to expand that right, so voting can be easier and more secure, and so that more voices are heard — not fewer.
That’s why Democrats started the Voter Expansion Project. We’re taking everything we’ve learned and built from years of fighting Republican attempts to block access to voting, and using it to help even more people vote.
And you know what? When more Americans vote, Americans elect more representatives to stand up and fight for their families, and protect their future. In other words, they elect more Democrats.
I’ll turn it over to our favorite VPOTUS to tell you more about our project — then please let him know you’re with him:”
Joe references Martin Luther King sitting in jail and Lyndon B. Johnson passing the 1965 Voting Rights Act(VRA) and so on.
Here are some of Joe’s claims:
- The Supreme Court of the United States “cut the heart out of the VRA” last year (He gave no support nor any details);
- Republicans want to shorten early voting days (Historically voting has been one day only);
- People won’t be able to vote after church (isn’t that normally a Sunday and isn’t voting day historically a Tuesday?)
- Republicans want to shorten hours at the polls (no supporting details);
- Poor hardworking Americans will have to take time off of work (no mention that polls are open from 7 a.m thru 8 p.m.);
- Republicans want to eliminate same-day registration (yes, voting is a grand freedom. If it is that important to you; you’ll register in plenty of time Moreover, the time-frame to vet the validity of the voter would greatly delay being able to count the vote. But then, isn’t that really the Democrats’ point?).
Here’s a few facts Joe did not mention:
- The forceful help LBJ received got from then Senate Minority Leader Everett Dirksen (R-IL), who co-authored the 1965 VRA and “helped outmaneuver Democrat opposition” (Grand Old Partisan)
- The 1964 Voting Rights Act;
- The 1964 Voting Rights Act; 80.2% of House Republicans vote f-o-r it;
- The 1964 VRA: only 61.3% of Democrats vote f-o-r it;
- Out of the above group, 89.2% of Southern Democrats voted a-g-a-i-n-s-t it.
Biden also forgot to mention Democrat George C. Wallace Jr., Alabama’s governor from 1963-1967.
In the writing titled “George C. Wallace in Civil Rights Movement: “Black Power” Era”, Wallace is referred to as “a pro-segregation Democrat”. The article goes onto tell that President Lyndon B. Johnson ordered Wallace “to mobilize Alabama’s National Guard units to protect Selma marchers” but Wallace refused. Further “Wallace became perhaps the most prominent national icon of segregationist resistance to the civil rights movement”.
The Gilder Lehrman Institute of History reports that Wallace “…rationalized segregation as “best for both races,” writing that “they each prefer their own pattern of society, their own churches and their own schools.”
Joe forgot another powerful Democrat:
- He was a leader of the KKK reaching Kleagle status and an Exalted Cyclops;
- He was the only Senator to vote against Thurgood Marshall and Clarence Thomas as U.S. Supreme Court nominees. They are liberal and conservative respectively so clearly his rejections was based on skin color.
- He filibustered the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
In addition to the above, Joe for got to explain that every “invalid” voter erases the legal voters’ choices.
Hmmm, perhaps Joe’s video wasn’t quite long enough.