Call In Toll-free 855-REAL-JOE (855-732-5563)Upcoming Shows (weekdays 2-3p.m. PT)
Weekend Wrap Up!
If You Think Your FDIC Money Is Safe,...
Are farmers receiving double insurance...
We're covering the hot stories from the weekend. Andrea Nelson from the Clover Agency, a digital media firm...
Market Analyst, Frances Newton says Cyprus-like assets seizure CAN happen here in the US. She tells us why.
Why are insurers paying farmers more than twice what their actual losses are? And why are taxpayer footing most...
–--George W. Bush on his Library
– Arthur - CO
- What’s Happening Now On FaceBook
- Joe's Column on Conservative Daily News
- The Conservative Talk Radio Network
- Radio Show Ratings
- KCAA Radio
- Joe's Articles in local paper.
- Tracking the United States Congress
- Rick Green
- Patriot Academy
- Open Secrets - Politics and $$$
- The Pacific Justice Institute
- Tony Katz on Tony Katz
- Live Action - Lila Rose
- American Muslim organization directly confronting the ideologies of political Islam
- Tea Party Ground Zero
- KHTS - AM-1220
- Living on the RIGHT Side
- True Conservatism is Alive and Well !
- America Under Attack!
- The WAR on CHRISTmas!
- Itís beginning to look a lot LESS like Christmas.
- Itís a negotiation ó not a hostage situation - Tammy Messina
- America Under Attack - Joe messina
- There's nothing offensive about the Constitution - Tammy Messina
- Turkeys on The Real Side
- The Parties of Freedom and Equality - Tammy Messina
- All they want to do is work ? - Joe Messina
- Tax Cuts for everyone! - Joe Messina
- Every Day Heroes by Joe Messina
Presidents Day - What is it?
February 21, 2013
We all are busy getting ready to go out in our ATV's, grill our meats, and make sure we keep pushing back the true meaning of the day.
PAY ATTENTION !
Until 1971, both February 12th and February 22nd were observed as federal public holidays to honor the birthdays of Abraham Lincoln (February 12) and George Washington (February 22). In 1971 President Richard Nixon proclaimed one single federal public holiday, the Presidents' Day, to be observed on the 3rd Monday of February, honoring all past presidents of the United States of America.
GEORGE WASHINGTON (February 22, 1732 - December 14, 1799). Early in his life George Washington became an experienced surveyor. Following these years, he fought in the French and Indian War. After the war he returned to Mount Vernon in 1758, married Martha Dandridge in 1759, and became a planter. That same year he became involved in politics when he was elected representative to the Virginia House of Burgesses. He was a representative until 1774 when he became a delegate to the Continental Congress. In May of 1775 George Washington was appointed Commander of the American army during the Revolution. He was the first President, (1789 1797) governing the 13 states.
ABRAHAM LINCOLN (February 12, 1809 - April 15, 1865). Abe Lincoln was born into a poor family and had little formal schooling. He basically taught himself to read and write and walked long distances to borrow books. He failed in early business and political ventures, yet became President in 1861 and guided the Union through the Civil War. He shaped his own character and education as was evident in the simple language he used in his speeches. His famous Gettysburg Address was delivered in 1863. Lincoln was assassinated on April 15, 1865 during a performance at Ford's Theatre in Washington just a few days after General Robert E. Lee and his army surrendered.
Call in during the show!
Toll-free 855-REAL-JOE (855-735-5563)
– ~ Texas Guinan~